To install LiveWire Edge:
1. Attach the rubber feet to the bottom of LiveWire Edge and place LiveWire Edge on a flat surface.
2. Attach the power adapter by screwing in the connector on the adapter to the power-in socket on the back panel.
3. Plug the other end of the power adapter into a reliable power source.
CAUTION: Do not place anything on top of or directly next to LiveWire Edge. Any obstructions to the heat sink located on top of LiveWire Edge can cause the unit to overheat.
4. Connect LiveWire Edge to the network to capture traffic:
◦ From the Bridge ports: To use the Bridge ports, connect LiveWire Edge inline on a network segment. In this mode, connect the eth 4 port to the side of the network with the upstream router; and connect eth 5 to the LAN side of the network.
◦ From the Span ports: To use the span ports, connect LiveWire Edge directly to a span port from a switch or router.
5. To configure and use the LiveWire Edge, connect the ‘MGMT’ port to the network.